Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, July 10, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 25

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.
The colossi caught the girl and brought her close to me, pulling on the large shirt that was her only clothes to show me her neck.
“Now vampire, I want you to feed”, the priest said taking a step away as if he was afraid I might stain his robe with blood.
That was really unexpected. Apparently he wanted me to drink this girl blood. That was pretty much the contrary of what I had been expected or maybe he just wanted to make sure that I was a real vampire before killing me or change me into a slave like the girl. The only thought that came to my mind seeing her scared face was, despite my own fear, to take it as a joke.
“And how am I supposed to do that? Do you have an apple?” I looked around, apple was my favorite human food now, probably because it at been the first before I had the bad idea to bite in a row onion thinking it was a fruit. For a while apples had been the safer food I could eat and I got used to it.
Looking back at the girl I saw that the light in her dead eyes had come back a little. “There is no food in the room I added.”
I had a urge to leak my inexistent fangs but I didn’t, I was repeating to myself like a litany: “The only way out is to show them that you are not a vampire, the only way is to show them that you are not vampire, be human, be human.”
The priest looked at me half-smiling, half-enraged.
“I was trying to make it easy for you but it you prefer to suffer first, that will amuse me more anyway”, the priest said. He made a gesture to the colosse who let go of the girl and went to take a case he had felt near the door. The poor girl just ran to hide in the darkest corner, looking at me from behind her hands. The priest opened the case and took a bottle out of it and opened the bottle as well.
“You know what that is, obviously” , he said.
I wasn’t sure I thought I smelled that before a long time ago the image of a little chapel in the wood came to my mind. He moved the bottle under my nose. I started to hear a laugh in my memory. The smell wasn’t really strong but it seemed to bring back a nice memory to my mind. It was just starting to clear up when he took the bottle away breaking the magic.
I looked at him realizing that it was not really the time to worry about the memory, if the priest had it in his hand that had to be some kind of poison to drive me crazy or some acid maybe, but he didn’t let me guess too long, I was failing at it anyway.
“This is Holly Water”, he said. “You know what it means.”
I kind of knew what it meant and it scared me, vampires are allergic to Holly Water, especially to the Holly part of it, it burns their skin so deep that despite the healing abilities it can lead to permanent damage to the nerves behind the skin. I moved on my chair a little as he brought the bottle close to me again. He was smiling at me as he dropped a bit on my left hand.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment