Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, July 3, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 24

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

“He will know how to make them appear, he will know”, he said trying to convince himself.
He took a rope out of under his shirt and put it under my nose.
“You see, you see, twenty-three”, He yelled in my ear and started to walk again. “I brought in twenty-three of the like of yours and they are all dead. And I’m wearing their fangs as my trophy.” He laught madly and moved the thing under my nose again.
“Aren’t you scared? Aren’t you scared?”
Actually I was, I really was scared, he had taken down real vampire and I felt so weak thinking about how the vampires had taken care of me in Transylvania and about how weak I felt without blood. I wondered where my fangs where. I knew I was a vampire but with the few proof of it he had, I was wandering how he could be so sure I was one.
I was thinking about not making the mistake he spotted again as long as I was in his company at least. And I was seriously wondering who was the guy supposed to know where my fangs where better than me. It had to be a vampire but the guy seemed to be despising them to the point of collecting their fangs.
Suddenly, I heard some noises in the stairs behind the door. Before they entered I could have said that they were two men and a child. I could hear the footsteps from far away. I wasn’t really sure from how far but the inn owner turned to the door later than I looked at it. He started to laugh again, I wondered what was so funny, I wondered if that was funny enough to make him cry like the lady did but apparently he was laughing for something different. He was laughing because he was scared of me and of the guys who were arriving too.
“He is here, that’s the end of you”, he said rushing to the door to open it.
He entered. He was a priest, I could say by his outfit. As I looked his advance toward me I remember someone telling me to stay away from the church whenever I was going to the village. That was the voice of my mum, I didn’t know how I knew it was but it was her telling me that those people were not good for me and just now I started to understand why.
The priest wasn’t alone, a huge colosse was following him as well as a little girl. If the inn owner was scary, if the colosse behind the priest was scary, that was nothing compared to the priest himself. From him was emanating an aura of evil. And as I met evil before, I mean for a short or long time depending on how we see it, I could say that the priest was something different. For sure he wasn’t a vampire but if he could still be called a human he was a really messed up one. This short white hair was contrasting with the darkness of his robe. He had a heavy golden cross around his neck and I suspected that it could be open to some mysteries or could be used as a key.
“Let us see what we have here”, he smiled evilly. That was the kind of smile that would have frozen your blood in your veins. Mine I found out to be a lot colder than human so I was alright, but the girl with him was looking pretty frozen.
“Oh, so adorable, you caught a little one”, he added looking at me bringing his face so close to mine that I was able to smell his breath.
The girl seemed to want to hide as far away from the priest as possible, just as if she knew what was going to happen. She had slide in a corner her naked legs trembling behind her she was resting against the wall not daring to sit or to take her eyes again from him.
“Come here child, don’t be afraid”, the priest said with a caressing voice that was presaging nothing good, extending a hand in her direction.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment