Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, June 26, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 23

Have you been bitten yet?

Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a pr
evious city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

“So,” he said, “you are finally awoken.”
His voice was calm and happy, voice are always happy when people are smiling even though I could have wished for people to smile for a reason that was different than having me tide up.
“Did you know that some people have been looking for you everywhere, for a very long time? I will have a great reward for giving you to them,” he added.
I said nothing. I didn’t let any emotions appear on my face. First because I didn’t know how to feel about this and I had been waiting for my clan to find me sooner or later, secondly, because I rather let him speak, listening carefully to get as much information as I could from him.
“I didn’t realized that it was you at first I must say, who could have imagine, a vampire walking in day light.”
So that was it I though, the vampires had people looking for me. I was wondering what betrayed me.
“I really wasn’t easy but you stayed long enough for me to study you,” he laughed as if that had been his most brilliant idea. But I had been studying humans all the time during the past few weeks.
“First I noticed that you were always avoiding day light, that’s strange isn’t it a vampire who can walk in the sun avoiding to cross day light as soon as he is indoor. Habits play us nasty tricks really," he laughed again.
I really started to think that I had been working on forgetting the wrong habits. I should have smell the food. But had he noticed that I was doing it would he have done it differently in which case this situation would have been inevitable anyway. I was studying him, that was just fair and that was an habit too, just one playing me nice tricks so far. I felt like sighing but the thought made me smile.
“What are you smiling at? You abominable creature are going to die tonight, believe me on that”. He started to walk in circles in the room like disturbed by a bare smile on my face when I was still tied up. Something seemed to tell me that he was not working for the vampires but in that case I had no ideas who else might have been looking for me.
“You see what is really disturbing me is that you can eat food”, he said.
That was not a small thing, actually, I still didn’t feel used to that, human food tasted a bit like dust.
“What betrayed you is the way you do it, well you almost got me on that I must say, but your using your fangs, human don’t do that, you see, we use the back teeth of our mouth, they are much much more powerful.”
I passed my tongue where the fangs should have bee and said “fang?” questioning. Obviously something was wrong because I couldn’t find any, my teeth felt all the same length. Did they grow without me noticing it while I was eating? I never really noticed or thought about it.
Noticing my surprise he took my chin in his dirty hands and made me open my mouth to watch my teeth. His hand smelled like dust.
“Where are they?” he asked.
I tried to formulate a “I have no idea” sound that went out of my throat very strangely but he apparently understood and seemed trouble by the absence of fangs.
He started to walk in circle again, thinking probably that he might have made a mistake, because I was looking nothing like a vampire.

This week I also have a book review for the second, third and fourth books in "The vampire diaries" series.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment