Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday Taster 49: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
So Frederique really has a new friend, a pretty special one apparently. I wonder what will come out of it.

"Where are you?" I asked. Nothing. The voice didn't answer.
I stood up to look around once more, looking for a camera or for a speaker but there was nothing. I took out my shoes and lay down once more on the bed.
"I can see that you took of your shoes," the robotic voice said again.
"Can you answer some questions?" I asked.
"I am not here to answer questions, if you have questions you should ask them to the desk board," the voice said, "please choose your temperature and background noise for the night, or do you prefer to have your vital checked so that I choose for you?"
"How do I ask questions at the desk board?" I asked.
"Please chose your temperature and background noise," the voice said.
I stood up again. If I had started this voice by laying down on the bed, there was a possibility that I would start the desk's voice by sitting on the chair. I pulled it away and sat. Bingo!
"Hello captain, what would you like to work on tonight?" another voice, more masculine asked.
"There are some screen in my desk, how do I open them?" I said.
That was the first question that came to my mind after who are you and where are you which seemed somehow irrelevant. A also wondered if my other self ever did anything else than sleep in her bed, like reading or dreaming. I guess I would have to ask the bed voice later.
"They belong to the previous captain," the voice answered. "They cannot be opened without his permission."
"Are any of them unlocked?" I asked.
"No," the voice said.
"Are any of them mine?" I asked.
"No," the voice answered.
"Can I get one?" I asked.
"Do you want me to place an order," the voice asked.
"That won't be necessary. What are they for anyway? What did the previous captain used them for?" I asked.
"They are used for personal data storage for research that is not to be shared with the rest of the world yet," the voice said.
"Is that what my father said?" I asked.
"The previous captain was working on a project on his own," the voice said.
"Are any of the books his?" I asked.
"All of them, your belonging haven't been transferred yet," the voice said.
I turned to the bookshelves. I was in my cabin but it was my father's old cabin which explained the green color, I was also wearing his clothes which was why they seemed too large for me.
"Can you tell me anything about my father?" I asked.
"You can read his personal file on board if you want," the voice said.
"Where do I get it?" I asked.
"Right here," the voice said.
A panel shifted in from of me and turned around it was a screen like the one in my drawers but a lot larger. The transparent part was illuminated with blue writing. It was a strange color to be reading to. Normally, most things on computer these days was written in black on white background. The blue on light green was relaxing for the eyes, once again I could feel my father's touch in the settings.
"Where do you want to start?" The voice asked.
"Well, at the beginning," I said. 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment