Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday Taster 45: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
Here we continue again right where we left off last week. There is something in writing that I have a lot of trouble to do. That's the fast forward. I managed to fast forward a bit more later on in the story but for the moment we are sort of stuck in the daily life. I wonder if I'll cut those part during the edits.

"You didn't have a choice," I said looking up at him, "somehow, she always wins."
"Not this time," he said, "I won't let her hurt you anymore. See I'm glad that despite everything, you're still smart enough to know what you want for yourself, she didn't get rid of your brilliant personality."
He smiled, it was something warm and reassuring.
"I had a good teacher," I said.
"A texting dad," he answered, "I should have done better."
"But you're doing it now, that's good enough for me," I said. "If you hadn't been texting me, maybe I'll be dead."
"Don't say things like that," he answered, "never say things like that."
He hugged me tighter.

There was nothing I could do to get back to it and that was frustrating me. It was the second time I was obsessed with another universe. Normally, I wouldn't care where I travelled, exploring was fun, that's all there was to it. The first time I had been obsessed with the world was when I travelled to Asia. In this universe, I never took a plane, never left the country, because of course that was too dangerous, you can't get to the hospital if you are across the sky and how would my mother have explained herself in another language? But in another universe, she didn't have that sort of reservation. She had a friend who had a friend who had read a book about the way to cure illnesses in antiquity and the solution was that the sick youngster would travel. Knowing my mother, how she had gone to believe in that was beyond my imagination but in that universe, she truly did. So we had the all world travel planned and of course the stops at hospital and the hotel as close to hospital as possible and an accompanying nurse trained by my personal brain photograph, I mean neurophysicien. I loved that universe I would lay on my bed for hours trying to black out thinking about it. I went there three time in total, never when I tried to but always randomly and then, it stopped. I was about twelve at that time. I didn't know what that universe wanted from me. But sure thing was my mother decided that I was unfit for the trip at the sea with my classmates. I was the only one who didn't go. They all came back with nicely tanned skin and a lot of memories. I had been going to Vietnam, I had walked through the street of Hanoi, I had sailed along the Mekong... Of course nobody believed me, at that age, at school, I was the liar who made things up. Maybe that was the reason why I wanted everyone to believe Jonas when he said I was his sister.
I was laying on my bed once again. Trying to relax and focusing on the space ship, recalling the details of it, recalling the people there with me. Strange thing, in my trip in Asia and in the space ship, I had never met those people in my home universe. Sometimes, there are people I know in the universe and sometimes, they are different, complete strangers. I tried to remember if I had met any of them before, even the conceal members that I didn't talk with but nobody came to my mind. I wondered what could have happened to make the universe so different. Not a single known person, not a single known place and I wondered who had made the choice to get the universe such a drastic composition. A space ship and alien attacking us. Here most people thought only the crazy loony believed in alien, science was still looking at the sky listening to the universe background noise to see if they heard something special, looking for exoplanets and the first contact only happened in science fiction novels and when people talked about the big Roswell mystery.
"Frederique, come get some lunch," Sabine asked from the kitchen.
What a very unproductive morning. Nothing done and no black out to my favorite parallel universe of the moment.
"I'm coming," I said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment: