Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday Cinema: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Welcome to a new Thursday Cinema. This week it's about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the Swedish version of 2009, not the American version. The reason why I watched the Swedish version is because I like Swedish cinema and the Swedish language and it came first. It's a little bit of a shame that American cinema has to remake so many great movies, it looks like a waste of time and money and energy and creativity. 
This movie comes from a book Man som hatar kvinnor by Stieg Larsson, I haven't read the book yet, I have it, in Swedish, I started reading it and I was thinking that watching the movie would help with my understanding. Swedish is a bit hard for me, but I watch the movie in Swedish without subtitles. Maybe I understood 10 to 20% and I intend to watch it again for study purposes. 

Story: A journalist, Mikael Blomkvist is sentenced to 3 months of prison after a court case about a rich guy called Wennerström. Henrik Vanger hires hacker investigator Lisbeth Salander to investigate Blomkvist then Vanger hires Blomkvist to invastigate the disparition of his niece Harriet more than 40 years ago in exchange for some information about Wennerström. At the same time poor Lisbeth has some case of her own to take care of. The investigation progress and Blomkvist moved in with the Vangers, he find a diary with numbers and by hacking his computer Lisbeth manage to give him some information leading him to hire her. The investigation lead them to a case of murder of Jewish women which is even more curious because the Vanger are know as antisemit.

My feelings: This movie was really really good despite my poor understanding of the language. Lisbeth is a true strong femal character who seriously got style. 
I enjoyed especially the way the progress of the investigation where presented step by step and the fact that Mikael and Lisbeth seemed to have totally different life that would never mix for quite a while. The mix in the plot is also really good because the story could take many direction as at each steps things seems to get more and more complicated. I also liked how they play with the pictures.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment