Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo End of first week update : Demon World

As I previously explained, for Camp NaNoWriMo this time, I'm working on finishing both "Demon World" and "Rainbow catcher".
This week, I concentrated only on "Demon World" as I need to take one novel at a time to stay consistent and  "Demon World" was still fresh in my memory.

I started with the very exciting part when Brownie and Yue are facing each other again. If you don't know what I'm talking about you might want to have a look at Demon Soul or at the "Demon Soul first draft" (Follow the days to start reading.)
I think that when editing I will have to rewrite it as it came out with feelings that I didn't expect so I'm not sure yet if I'm happy about it or not. Somehow I wanted it to be a lot harder on Brownie but damn she is stronger than expected.
I have been progressing nicely so far using a daily word goal of 2500 worlds like I did during my first NaNoWriMo back in 2009. I think that this rhythm is the best for me. I didn't miss a single day and I still even have some words in advance on that schedule. I thought I would finish "Demon World" yesterday but my characters don't seem to be willing to let me finish so soon so it will take a bit longer. I think this is due to the fact that this time I'm not starting with one character only as I'm used to but I have different story lines for different characters and they all deserve a good ending. Anyway I'm not in a rush so it's better to aim for quality. That will be that much less to correct later.
Enjoy the reading, I'll probably give you the ending next Monday. 
All Novels Drafts

Enlarge this document in a new window

No comments:

Post a Comment