Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 23, 2008

Amigurumi Twiga

En français

Giraffe in Chinese



I love giraffes. They are my favorite animals, I mean, they are so cute and elegant.
So how could I resist when I find the patterns of that one in Amigurumi collection volume 5.
Her name is Twiga, that means giraffe in Kiswahili the language of Kenya.
The giraffes live in the south-west part of Africa. The giraffe is the tallest animal in the world because of their neck.
They can be as tall as 5.80 meters high.
Female weighs between 950 and 1100 kg as male are 1500 kg. Giraffes sleep also very few between 10 min and 2 hours a day.
Their favorite food is the genus mimosa, but the can eat other plants if they need. They eat up to 63 kg of food every day.
They have a gestation period of 14 or 15 months and can live up to 25 years. You can help the giraffes by adopting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment