Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 28, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 119

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week


Once again I was running in the forest near the castle in Sighişoara. I was in my wolf shape, I know it because I recognized the strange deepness of my vision now. The color of the night were also different, it seemed that the moon light was as bright as the sun. I stopped near the river and listen. There were other wolves around, maybe two or three. They had also stop running and they were howling to the moon. They were really far away from me, so far that I knew I could never reach them even if I started to run. I took a bit of water and looked at my reflection in the stream. The only things I could recognize were my eyes. I felt someone beside me and suddenly my mum jumped on me. It was out little ritual to run in the forest and to fight near the river trying to see who would get wet first. Of course she always won. She was older and faster and so much more experienced at being a wolf. But that was the best time for me to learn. It was forbidden to talk about wolves in the castle. Wolves and vampires were enemies. I suddenly started to make sense. Why my uncle had called my mum worthless blood. For vampires, werewolves were even worth that the humans. They were just animal and victims of the moon unable to control themselves. So many questions flashed in my head and I wanted to ask my mum so many things but as I turned around to talk to her she was gone. I was in my human back in my vampire shape running in the forest near the castle. It was day time, the day when I had escaped the castle. The forest was deeper and the people running after me weren’t the vampire but they were werewolves, they didn’t care about me being a vampire they were my ally, they wanted to teach me the secrets of there clan, I was important for them and so was my mother, we were family a real family with bond, accepting of each other. 

I woke up knowing exactly what I had to do. I pushed the blanket away from me, the room was bathed in the sunlight as I had forgotten to pull the curtain closed last night. I stretched myself and yawned. Yawning felt strange. I realised that I was back in my human shape and completely naked. I inspected my body but no traces of the wolf were to be found. I walked to the mirror to look at my face and all that remained of the wolf were the eyes I had seen in the river. I wondered if it hadn’t all been a dream. I was early. I wasn’t used to get up that early when Nicolas agreed to let me have a full night of sleep. I washed my face at my water basin. The water was fresh that early in the morning. The first rays on sunlight were playing in it and reminded me of the river near in the forest. I dressed up quickly, I needed breakfast, my stomach was making noises. That was another strange thing for me, I never remembered that my vampiric hunger would go that deep in my body, it only made me thirsty, something in my throat was telling my that I needed blood. For humans everything happened in their stomach that was the reason why they would vomit so easily when disturbed. Nicolas was standing with a large piece of wood in front of the door. It seemed that he had spend the entire night waiting here. I smiled at the thought. I still hadn’t forgiven him for getting so impatient and angry yesterday. I couldn’t repress a smile.
 




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Very intriguing dream! I don't why, but I found Viorel being back in his human form, naked with only wolf eyes, very hot :)

    ReplyDelete