Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 21, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 118

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week



I had always hated those stairs in my human shape, too narrow, to close to the ceiling and I had to bent my head every time I was going up, impossible to cross anyone in them but I hated them even more in my wolf shape. I would call them wolf-proof stairs from now on. The guy who had invented them deserved to be bitten more than once. I accelerate as much as I could all the way up and finally landed on the first floor. That had been more tiring and frightening than expected. But I guess that was also good against robbers. I walked to my bedroom. Perenelle was already fast asleep. I stood on my back legs against my door to open it. I wonder who had invented the door knot handle, my front leg kept on sliding on it. I would definitely need to practice if I was to spend more time in this body shape. Nicolas was almost at the top of the stairs and it was his turn to observe me. I tried to get the handle with my mouth but there was no use. I slide my leg against the side of it until it finally opened. I wasn’t feeling like letting Nicolas come closer. I entered the room and pushed myself against the other side of the door. I pushed and pushed until I heard it click. I wanted to sight but I couldn’t I felt like there was too much air in my lungs. I stroke my legs on the carpet, I didn’t want to put mud or blood everywhere on the bed shit. My mum would probably have been proud of me. I jumped on the bed and pulled on the cover before huddling up under them. The thoughts of the night were turning in my mind. I spent a look time staring at the door waiting for Nicolas to enter with the neighbour or something but he didn’t. The tiredness of the night and the emotion of my new body finally got the best of me and I felt asleep.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the first sentence and the description of the stairs for Viorel as both vampire and wolf. I really like how Viorel seemed so strong, rigid, and not a vampire you would want to mess with up until he turned into a wolf. And now he seems so vulnerable and almost like a child.

    ReplyDelete