Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, November 18, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 96

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
 
My horse seemed happy to see me. I had paid my last money for him to be well treated but he had probably been hungry while waiting for me. I didn’t complain. I was already feeling lucky that they didn’t sell it or kill it for the meat. They were poor people but still honest. Nicolas and Perenelle were there waiting for me too. We didn’t talk about the burning of the house, that was a painful subject for them who had had too many memories in there and I couldn’t tell them that I didn’t burn it. I knew the danger in which my action was putting us but I just hoped that nobody was going to find out where we have gone even though it might be known that they were not dead.
But the fire took off anyway. Someone might have found the match box and used it too close of the house which was just ready to burn. We heard few days before that the fire had rapidly gained the other houses and the entire street before being stopped. People had started to bring water soon enough from the scene to be able to reduce the progression of the flame. Nicolas wondered how the fire could have stayed so confine for so long but that didn’t bother him too much, at least the job had been done and that helped me relax a bit. I was feeling nauseous at the bare sight of a candle. I was scared of fire, and that was an uncontrollable fear. I was just fixing it until I felt like it had absorbed all my energy.
Fire was making me lose myself. I was scared but I was attracted by the fear. When I was looking at the fire I stopped thinking, I stopped wondering about the meaning of my future without Sorina.
But Nicolas didn’t intend to keep things this way. Few days after we were installed in Praha the training started again, more intense than before. Nicolas was not limited by his old age anymore and he wouldn’t stop working before complete exhaustion. We were sleeping one day out of two or three and eating the food Perenelle was bringing us often three or four reheat when our stomachs were so crawling with hunger and our hands started to shake. I didn’t say anything, just follow his directive it was easier that way. He was making physical tests on me and testing my knowledge. Most of the time, I read the same books over and over again until I could tell him everything from the top of my head. He didn’t let anything pass, he thought that keeping my mind busy and entertained was going to cure my fear of fire by erasing my need of Sorina but I was missing her every second. There was nothing in this world that wasn’t reminding me of her.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment