Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, November 11, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 95

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
 
Let him go”, Nicolas said. 
And I walk out of the house. It was still bright afternoon but the sun of winter didn’t even warm up my skin and I shivered. Why did it have to be like that? I wanted the truth, I wanted to know my past, I wanted to remember everything about her but the only things I seemed to get was breaking my heart even more. They hurt her because of me, all I had tried to do was to protect her but in the end she has been the one protecting me, she had been the strong one of the two all the way just letting me believe that I was a real man when I was just a kid unable to face my fears. Nicolas was right on that point and that’s with I was so angry. If I had denied my love for her in front of them, they would have left her alone, she would have just stayed in her burning house and she wouldn’t have suffered this slow agony. 
If I had been courageous enough to hurt her for her own good she would have lived. But I had been too selfish, maybe I had valued our love until the last minute more than our life and I knew that whatever Nicolas might say she was dead because they didn’t need to have her to attract me, they knew all along that I was going to come back eventually either for revenge or to get her. Having her alive or as a vampire was just some more trouble for them. Walking in the street was calming me down. No matter what I revived tonight, no matter how painful it was, I realized that it was just the past and that it didn’t change anything. It didn’t change anything about now. I knew what I had to do and I knew I still wanted to die. But I needed to go through the agony of living without her until I had destroyed them. I would destroy them so that nobody else would have to go through what Sorina had been through. I walked in the streets without looking at where I was going until dark. I kept on pulling my collar up and blowing on my hands to fight against the cold but I had forgotten my coat and there was no need to fight. I finally found my way back to the house. Perenelle and Nicolas didn’t say anything. They were ready as planned as if they had known all the way that I was going to come back. I had nowhere else to go and I had so much more to learn. We didn’t discuss the event of the day anymore, nothing needed to be said anyway. 
They left as planned right on time. I waited alone walking from room to room in the empty house. It smelled like dust more than usual, with everything that had been moved around. It smelled old, like the ink that had dried on the pages on Nicolas books over the years and the lost perfumed of the flowers Perenelle had been drying to make bouquet. It smelled like the last apple pie that Perenelle had made for us. It smelled all the perfume of a life time all at once and I started to get nostalgic. It was about time, to light it up and leave but at the last moment as I had the match in my hand as I looked at the fire burning it slowly I stayed fixing it unable to move reliving the worse night of my life until the burn in my hand made me wake up. I pull the though away and did it again. But the fire had become too meaning full for me and I left leaving the matches box on the floor. And that was my first mistake.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment