Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday Taster 121: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
I had to repeat to myself that everything was going to be ok as I looked at the beer bottles and empty glasses on the table. It seemed that they had been here drinking for quite a while already. They were nine of them. five girls and four boys and with Amy, Tamara and me that made twelve people. The guy who had stood up for us was talking with other people standing but I couldn't see how many was in that group. That was a lot of friends.
"I'm Amy," Amy said looking around.
"Tracy," one of the girl said, she had long blond hair going up in a pony tail.
"Mike," the boy on who's knees she was sitting answered. Or was it Nick? I had no idea, I couldn't make the sound of his voice out and I was trying to read on their lip except that lips reading wasn't something I was really used to.
Tamara came back after what seemed an eternity and I was pretty grateful to her by that time as the atmosphere was making me thirsty. Amy was moving her head to the music as it was the only thing we could do and I was doing the same.
"Here," Tamara said sitting on the half free chair with a guy next to Amy. I had a feeling she wanted nothing to do with me. After seeing me black out, a lot of people had that reaction so it didn't bother me too much, I didn't like her either anyway.
Amy passed me one of the glass.
"Here is your juice." She said smiling.
I was thirsty alright but I looked at the glass suspiciously. The orange-yellow liquid could have been orange juice or carrot juice or any mixed juice but I didn't see these people here the kind to drink juice. And second, if we had to escape, they might as well have put something funny in it. Was I supposed to drink something from someone I barely knew? I turned the liquid in the glass considering my options. This was getting too much. Amy wasn't that cautious though. She took her first sip, her face changed as if something tasted unexpected and she looked at Tarama who mouthed something like "So" and she smiled nodding. Tamara winked at her. Then they both looked at me. I guess it was my turn to try it. At least Amy looked ok. I took a small sip of the thing as if it was something poisonous. Alcohol. Great, that's all I needed. I smiled back at them forcefully and took a larger sip in encouragement before putting my glass on the table well decided not to touch it again. I still held it in my hand though, playing with it, it was tasty.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment