Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, July 29, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 80

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

However we started to receive letters from Praha telling us that everything was arriving properly as Nicolas had anticipated it. Despite everything turning out as planed I couldn’t get out of my morning depression. My dreams were still chaotic. My knowledge was still poor and the results on the garlic test didn’t make much sense to me. I couldn’t concentrate on anything, Sorina never left my mind. I was afraid of forgetting her again. I was panicking if I was closing my eyes for few second and couldn’t see her face straight away. I was panicking if it was too noisy around for me to hear her voice. That was driving me crazy. I isolated myself as much as possible spending hours fixing the wall in front of my desk in my little room or my old notebook that was still unfilled to try to remember.
“Don’t be too hard on yourself”, Perenelle said entering the room with a glass of warm cider. Many times Nicolas had told her to let me alone with my thoughts but she seemed not wanting to listen. I looked at her smiling and took the glass. Her presence was comforting somehow.
“So what’s the matter?” she asked. That was her usual question. The one I generally answered with a lie that she wouldn’t believe but she wouldn’t even forced me to tell the truth, she would just give me an understanding smile and walk away waiting for me to be ready to talk.
“I’m forgetting”, I said. That was true, I was forgetting, I was forgetting Sorina, she was not clear in my mind anymore, all I could remember was my feeling for her, so strong and intense but the details, I had forgotten all of them once again.
“We all reach that stage”, Perenelle said sitting on my bed.
I took my glass with both hand and looked at the little pieces of apple floating in the warm liquid.
“Why?” I asked and regretted the minute that the word came out of my mouth.
“Because time passes, I know that you have a better memory than usual but you also have a lot more time, it all equal itself in the end.” She said.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment