Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 15, 2016

MIO (A-to-Z challenge 2016)


The theme of my A-to-Z April Challenge this year is dolls, as I have a lot of dolls and I'm pretty sure I can go from A-to-Z with them. Today for the letter M, I'm going to introduce not a doll but more a doll kit, called the Make It Own, aka MIO kit. 

You can buy already made pullips called stock dolls, pullip dolls made by artists which are modified stock dolls or MIO dolls. The MIO kits has every part of the doll included, the face and head, the body, the eye mechanism. What you have to do is create the face with dry pastel and paint, create the eye chips from the clear eye chips in the packet, build up your doll, put on a wig and some clothes. Et voilà, you have your own doll. The process is not really complicated in itself, it's just that putting the color on the face can be really tricky at times. 
My first pullip doll was a MIO and so was my second. In the end I have seven pullipand one Taeyang MIO. I also made a dal from a cheap doll that I bought second hand but that wasn't a complete MIO in a MIO box.
Here are my girls and my boy.

First the MIO kit box. It comes in 5 different colors now, it's getting darker and darker. Groove recently released a mocha color which I haven't try yet. I hope they'll make a chocolate version or maybe some nice non-skin-color colors.
We have to glue the eyelashes. If you want to have bigger eyelids you can also use fake one for human make up.
Here are some eyes.
Theora was my first and I had to change her face several time before getting her right. Here is one of her early face.
Here is the final version.
As she was my first pullip and my first MIO too, I have a lot of pictures of her in different outfits and settings.
Here is Saphira, she is my second pullp and second MIO.
Fresa, my strawberrry girl with Strawberries drawn on her cheeks.
The trio
My Elf princess, Amarelis
My mermaid Nerissa
This is Diva, my Cyberpunk style girl
My galactic angel: Polaris
And at last, my Taeyang, also an angel names Antares

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment