Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thursday taster 33: Parallel Slip

Hello everybody and welcome to a new Thursday Taster! 
Please don't forget to check on the other tasters, you can find the list here.
Parallel Universes by Khold
So anyone having weird dreams lately as if you had tripped into a different universe? I have to say, I have tons of those which make it cool for working on this story and help me stay motivated with my tasters. Let's get back to Parallel Slip unedited. As usual, we start right where we left off, Frederic was running for the bus.

I think I had never run so fast in my life, in this body or in another. She was clumsy this time but I didn't care. I wanted to be in that bus as soon as possible, I wanted to be out of here, anywhere as soon as possible. We made it just in time. I put my hand on the door as it was closing. The driver gave me a bad look but still opened the door and I pulled her after me. There was only one old guy sitting in the middle. I walked to the end of the bus and literally crashed there.
"Where is that bus going?" She asked sitting next to me.
"Anywhere but here," I answered looking at the window as it passed in front of people who might have been here to catch us.

"Is she going to be ok?" Jonas asked.
"I'm always ok," I answered. I blinked three time and turned my head to look at him.
"She is always ok," my father answered.
I think Freddy and her friend would be ok too. How many people did I really saved today? I had no idea but more than any seventeen years old is expected too.
"I could eat something though," I answered.
I was in my room, no brain scan, no hospital. I had to love my father for not making a big deal out of this.
"That was a bit scary," Jonas said.
"I don't know, I never watch myself you know," I said.
He brought his hand closer to touch my cheek as if he wanted to verify that I was really there, and alive.
"Do you made another story?" he asked.
"Yes," I said sitting up.
"With a space ship?"
"Hum, not this time," I answered.
"But how is the girl going to kiss the guy if you don't go back there," Jonas said.
He had a nice way of putting things, as if he believed what was happening to me, as if he believed that I could travel into the story. That was refreshing.
"Let's hear that story in front of some pancakes," my father said.
"I'm not sure it's a really nice story for desert," I answered.
"Any story is good with pancakes, that only depends of the topping," my father said.
"Depends on the topping," Jonas answered taking his hand to get out of my room.
"Come downstairs when you're ready."
I sat at the desk and put down a few notes about the two travels in my diary. I needed to write down as many details as possible before I forgot them. I still had the smell of the garbage in my nose, I was feeling disgusting. I walked to the bathroom to wash my hands and my face. 

"Are you certain that we don't need to take her to the hospital?" Sabine said to my father as she was turning the pancake in the pan.
"She went to the hospital enough, they never found anything," my father answered. "At this point I think she just need a good rest from everything she had known so far." 

Answer to last week's comments.
Thanks for stopping by girls.
I'm a bit curious in what kind of world you would like to jump if you were to choose any alternative to this one.   
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a bit of 'normal' to make you feel good. I would like to slip into a reality where I was really good at something, like music or dance or something like that, Something I could show off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's probably had enough of hospitals and tests. Give her a break lol

    ReplyDelete