Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, February 20, 2015

Vampire Friday : Vampire Heart 5

Hello everyone, have you been bitten yet? 
So what have I been up to on a vampire level, almost nothing, except for a few debates in Facebook vampire groups here and there and a lot of nice pictures in some other groups, including one that totally killed me with the same concept I wanted on this cover but a way better visual design, bite me. So nothing much but I have some new development for the rest of the draft involving kidnapping. Sounds good?
If you have a blog and want to participate in the Vampire Friday blog hop, don't forget to join up in our facebook group, it's pretty dead so far and not undead enough if you know what I mean so I really need you. You can also participate without a blog like some other members, but your post will only be visible to the group member.


Let's get back to Viorel, it seems that things want to get better, at least the others are gone.
 
And I saw it, bright and orange and red rising slowly through the trees of the forest around the castle. It was so beautiful, and I was scared of it as much as they were. They ran inside the castle and I saw them, at the window of the east tower, looking at me from the shadow. 
I turned to look at it, the sun, I remembered hearing a lot of tales about it, I remembered hearing how dangerous it was for our kind. The most frightening thing possible, the thing we should avoid at all cost, the reason why I was only going out at night and had to come back a few hours before dawn. I tried to remember more, I wanted to know where the feeling was coming from, but I couldn’t. In the intense mix of fear and frustration for being tied up, I stroke the cord against the tree’s trunk as fast as I could, staring at the sun that was coming to get me, looking at the shadow of the forest that wouldn’t be able to protect me much longer.
And it arrived. I glanced at them one last time as the sun reached me, caressing and warming up my skin. It was warm and peaceful. I wondered if that was the sensation you get before dying, that peace. 
What I saw on their faces was a lot different than what I had expected. I suddenly realized why, I was alive, I took a deep painful breath, that was the first time I was actually breathing consciously and that didn’t feel that great, but I thought, maybe breathing was what had kept me alive during this first meeting with the sun.
“I love the sun, I love the sun,” I yelled at them as they started to argue with each other.
I was alive and that felt good, even in the position and state I was in. I stroke the cord against the tree with renewed energy. I was alive, but if I intended to keep it that way I needed to go away from here as fast as I possible. They couldn’t come close to me now and that was my chance. I didn’t know why. There was something in me that was refusing to let me access my memory. The more I tried the more it seemed to evade me. My thoughts felt like the rope I was working on, so thin and so thick at the same time, the closer I thought I was getting from breaking it, the more I hurt myself on the trunk. And finally it broke. I didn’t know how long it took but it broke, I stood unable to move looking around.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment