Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Learning a new language makes you happy

En français

I like learning foreign languages.
I like starting to learn them, find a fancy book, learn the basic vocabulary and the basic grammar. But then, after few weeks of real motivation, it's all gone, no more fun.
Well, I'm not the kind that gives up things that easily, so I continue in the back ground in general.
Until a day when I discovered that there is something funnier about a language than start to learn it. (And that happen because of a strong will of learning Korean.)
That is living in it. And that makes me very very HAPPY.
First I began as usual, to look at text book, then I watched a movie...
I don't know about movies in general but I really like Korean movies, and TV shows.
I want to see them all !!!
I feel so great after watching them, that became the first thing I do in the morning while eating breakfast. And that makes me HAPPY. Then I can tell the story to my friends as they are not gonna watch it anyway.
When I listen to Korean music and suddenly understand I word or a sentence, that makes me
HAPPY.
At the moment I'm really bad at reading books but I have a Manga "Daa daa daa", so cute, translated in Korean so I can understand words and fine out some more with the pictures
that makes me HAPPY.
So if you really want to learn a language, whatever language it is, just jump in it. That will make you feel great, without speaking about all the advantages of knowing the language in itself and the amount of general knowledge you will gain. And you will never want to stop learning it again.

I don't feel good if I don't have enough Korean every day. That's why I'm listening to it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment