Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, January 8, 2023

WeWriWar 380: Sun Kiss 1

Hello everybody and Happy New Year! 

Welcome to a new Sunday of writing with Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday! It's been a while since I blogged, about six months, and a year since I last hopped with you guys! Time flies! But what's better than a blog hop to get back to it.

Today, I have for you a little snippet of my latest WIP. It's called Sun Kiss and it's about a girl, vampires, a curse (maybe), vampire hunters, demon, studying, language learning, sleeping, music, sun light... and a lot of rambling because so far it's only just a partial first draft which I got in the last 10 days of NaNoWriMo. (one of my most epic win!)

 But let's just get started at the beginning:

 

 Jane had been bent over the Latin text for more than half an hour now and it just only started to make sense. She was going through it one more time methodically, underlining the words in each case with a different color.

“I really need to finish that now,” she thought looking at the big clock on the wall in front of the desk. It was almost three in the morning and she had one hour left before going to bed. She took a deep breath, sometimes being a polyphasic sleeper was annoying. But at least she was able to do more things than anybody she knew. Then again, she needed to want to do them but that wasn’t the point here. She had lots of things to prove to herself and understanding Latin in a record time was on her list.


Here is what got me through the last NaNoWriMo, in more way that you can imagine. Can you see me on the video? Probably not, I can barely see myself and I know where I was standing. 

 

 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

10 comments:

  1. She's very driven and you've got me curious to find out why. Welcome back, Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I know the reason yet. So far it looks more like a personality trait.

      Delete
  2. This makes me want to know more about her. Is she interested in languages in general, or does she need to learn Latin for a particular reason. Enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is learning Latin just because she wants to look smart.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, enjoyed the snippet. She's going to be quite the character inagoodway - complex and interesting to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. Interesting start. I don't envy her, I never got the hang of Latin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried and tried but there isn't many people to talk with.

      Delete
  5. Latin was my fav language in high school and college. Really enlarged my vocabular. Now, why is she so focused? I'm curious. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow awesome! I really admire people who can understand Latin. It's the basis to so many languages. Thank you.

      Delete