Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, November 29, 2021

Mystery Monday 123: Murder at the Conference 20

Welcome to Mystery Monday. This week, we continue with Murder at the Conference.


 Let's get back where we left off with chapter 2 last time.

There were a lot of food on the table and all around it and the crepe machine was in the center. It was smoking a bit, as if it had already been cleaned with oil. We would have to do it again before starting to warm up the okonomiyaki. It might work. I wasn't really good at making crepes with that machine. Somehow, I think maybe the lack of practice, I didn't feel like I could make crepes again. I had always made them in a pan before but somehow after repeated failure Seiji decided I needed a crepe machine like the guys selling crepes in the street in Harajuku. Then it wasn't much better. I didn't know if that was the flour or the eggs freshness or the milk or the lack of rest for the batter, something didn't feel right and my crepes weren't what they used to be. I had cooked some fine ones in Japan before. Just, maybe, I was losing my Frenchness or something.

Seiji entered the room with the large bowl of batter and sat on a cushion on the opposite side of the table. He had his back to the window, I had mine to the door on the futon. I had tried to change the position to be able to watch the door and the window, unwilling to have an opening at my back but that didn't work so well so we had revert to how it was in the first place. I knew the men who had tried to kidnap me were in prison for murder, that they weren't coming back but still at time, having the door at my back gave me the chill. Despite the hot stove in front of me I pulled a blanket around my shoulder as if it would protect me from any intrusion.

“It's not really research, it's not a big company actually, it's a brand new one, a friend of mine started it and he is not the type to be scared of my computer's skills. I have an interview because he needs me to be seen by his partners before he actually brings me in but it's almost like I got the job already,” Seiji said. “Basically, I'll be doing what I want to do as long as it helps with the goal of the company.”



About Harajuku Kiss

At times, life can be so depressing. She is walking her usual recovery tour in Harajuku, finishing with a crepe, tying to forget that her boyfriend dumped her once again for the week-end... When the unthinkable happens... A boy stops in front of her in the street and kisses her, in to discover more about him, she is dragged into a dangerous game of mystery. A biologist has been murdered and a deadly virus is on the loose. First suspect: the mysterious Harajuku's stranger. 


Get Harajuku Kiss 
itunes  
 
 
 
 

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment