Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, October 13, 2019

WeWriWar 300: The House at the Crossing 5

 
Hello everybody and welcome for a new Sunday of writing with Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday!

I decided to change things a little bit so for the next few months, I'm going to present you my new WIP. It's called "The House at the Crossing" and it's a prequel to Demon Soul and the demon series. It's a bit of a mix of Fantasy and Science-fiction.
It follows one of the books more obscure character as she first come into the House. It's suppose to explain why there are so many people is the house and sort of where they come from and at the same time be a first time adventure for the main character as she needs to adapt to her new role and the new version of who she is. 

Since it's a WIP, and I still haven't finished the first draft, it's still really row. Hopefully, we'll see some improvement as it goes.


Let's start right at where we left off last week!


“Hi, I'm Margo,” we say at the same time extending our hands.
They touch and there is a bit of electricity so we both pull away without shaking them.
I can see that she has two babies in her crib, at least her version of their dad didn't take her daughter. They look so peaceful and pink compared to my very white son. It's funny because my daughter had darker skin, like her dad. That's why she was the one he took, because she looked like him. He never actually took Hiroshi in his arm, the only one he was ever interested in was Mikala. He named her that too, after his grand-mother, the brightest pianist in the world history, except, I never heard of her, never heard her play, never saw a single video of her or picture of her at the piano.

✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

13 comments:

  1. I like the way you keep adding the interesting little details that make this seem 'real world'. And that cover is eye catching if I forgot to say that before! Enoyed the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a homemade cover so probably temporary but I kind of like it too.

      Delete
  2. Would be sad to meet a happier version of yourself in an alternate reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there has to be sadder version and happier too. The multiverse being infinite and all that.

      Delete
  3. I love the new layers and mysteries being added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that she never heard of "the world's greatest pianist", never heard her play, never saw a single video of her or picture of her at the piano makes me think he exaggerated just a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a poignant snippet, lots of questions for the reader, but with a lot of information in a short excerpt. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the snippet. Lots of info. I love your cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that's weird. She was the brightest pianist, but she's unknown? I wonder how that happened. Intriguing... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and intriguing last line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm curious about the grandmother. Enjoyable snippet!

    ReplyDelete