Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, September 22, 2019

WeWriWar 297: The House at the Crossing 2

 
Hello everybody and welcome for a new Sunday of writing with Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday!

I decided to change things a little bit so for the next few months, I'm going to present you my new WIP. It's called "The House at the Crossing" and it's a prequel to Demon Soul and the demon series. It's a bit of a mix of Fantasy and Science-fiction.
It follows one of the books more obscure character as she first come into the House. It's suppose to explain why there are so many people is the house and sort of where they come from and at the same time be a first time adventure for the main character as she needs to adapt to her new role and the new version of who she is. 

Since it's a WIP, and I still haven't finished the first draft, it's still really row. Hopefully, we'll see some improvement as it goes.


Let's start right at where we left off last week!


Why did I go to my father's instead of going back to my mother that day was still sort of a mystery. More like I thought half of me would go to my mum and half of me would go to my dad just like it had been after the divorce, except, it didn't work that way. My father and I became estranged, because she wouldn't let it go. Then it had seemed, to be a good idea, and he lived closer to the university. I thought, at least if I lived with him, I wouldn't have to drop out.

Also to be honest, there was a part of me that didn't want to admit to my mother that I had a problem. I already knew the blame that would come out of her mouth and would never stop for the rest of my life. It's so funny how your parents always insist that if something bad happens to you, you have to tell them, sort of like they would fix it for you in a way, help you.
Fact is, they never help, not really, it was just words, never ending words of blame and “how can you be so stupid?” and well you know “just don't listen to other people”, “it doesn't matter what they say”.


✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

4 comments:

  1. This makes me think about my relationship with my mother. I'm 54 years old, she's 80, and I never tell her anything that's going on in my life because she'll either yell at me or lecture me. The more things change the more they stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it unfortunately happens to a lot of us.

      Delete
  2. Good insights into the character and her choices. Enjoyed the excerpt and I admire her depth of self knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad it's working because she is going to need to know herself very well for what's to come.

      Delete