Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, October 12, 2018

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 194


Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!



Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.




Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week


I’ll try my best,” I said smiling to try to reassure him. A part of me wanted the philosopher stone even if it was only for my selfish revenge purpose, I could still enjoy myself hunting and drinking blood, I had my blood reserve ready to serve anytime during the trip and still waiting for me at the hotel.
I’m going to cut myself deeply,” Nicolas said grabbing a paper cutter in his feather pot and putting the blade on his hand.
Wait a minute, that’s painful and I don’t see the purpose for it, also you might consider that doing that kind of things in presence of a vampire is not really the wisest idea, we are attracted by blood like fly by jam.” I said amazed by the idea of him even willing to hurt himself. It wasn’t a new concept in human but I had always thought him well balanced enough to avoid going in this direction.
I trust that the blood you ingested last night have been sufficient for you to resist the temptation of jumping on my hand as soon as my veins are cut. The purpose of hurting myself is nothing that I rejoice about but I have to say it is absolutely of the highest importance. If you can imagine for an instant that my palm represent the region of your brain controlling your memory and that the cut is the place of the injury, the blood will represent the memory leaving your mind. You will thus see the effect of the philosopher stone and be able to compare the result with the possibility for complete cure of your amnesia.” He said, then put his hand in front of me. “Observe my palm, notice the lines in every detail, create a strong mental image of every little twist and turned” I took his hand to make sure he wouldn’t move and spend a minute memorizing the shape of his lines. It wasn’t really an easy exercice, they were numerous and entwined but I did my best to get an idea as precise as possible, I wasn’t in the mood to draw it on paper even though it would have made the experiment more accurate. I released him when I finished. He put the blade of the paper cutter on this palm and cut himself as deeply as the poor sharpness of the blade allowed. He clenched his teeth to repress a cry which wouldn’t have missed to alert Perenelle. His face was tensed with pain and the blood was leaking on his wrist as he made a movement to hold his bleeding hand with other after dropping the knife. The smell of his blood made my fang pierce slightly through my gums but I pushed them back inside. It wasn’t the moment to concentrate on blood. I needed to keep the picture of his palm in mind while observing the rest of the experiment.



http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment: