Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday Fiction 146: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.


Amy pulled her tongue at me like a little kid. That gave her a funny expression. She was like so many different person all at once. I didn't know how she did it, happy about something with this deep feeling about her family that was pulling her down underneath. I knew I was totally made by everything that went on with my mum and felt as if I was carrying it on my face at all time. A battle without a rest even now when she was far away, everything that happened between us was coming back to my mind, everything I wanted so bad to forget.
"So let's go to the library, I was to start my organic chemistry as soon as possible," Amy said.
I wasn't too sure about that. Organic chemistry had to be the one thing totally undrinkable in the entire history of science. It was filled with huge formula you had to remember and I had given up on it already.
"All right!" I said. I didn't want to break her the bad news. The thing was I couldn't do it but there were people on the planet who obviously did it and everything another human being can do, you can do it too if you put enough dedication to it.
"This is going to be fun right, you reading those electothingy and me doing the same with the chemistry."
"If you want to do it like I do you'll have to read until your eyes cry so bad you can't see through your tear and your brain feels like mashed potatoes."
Amy laughed and took my arm pulling me toward the library building. It was huge and I liked it. I would have spend my days there if I wasn't in class all day.
I wasn't lying though. The only way I ever got something stick in my brain was my making myself almost sick for it, like those violin players who practice until their fingers bleed, I was sure that somehow I was making my brain bleed for knowledge.
"There are so many!" Amy said.
"Just start with the introduction books if you take three you'll read the same information several time. Then you'll be able to get a good feeling on the topic next you can go to something more difficult."
"You've got like what eight books," Amy said.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment