Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thursday Fiction 142: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.

The office was empty. We were sitting on cushioned chairs in the waiting room for the front desk to open. Amy was telling me what classes she needed to ask for and how it would fit in her schedule. It would definitely be tight but just as much as my own schedule.
"Do you think Alex is right?" Amy asked.
"No," I answered.
"I mean do you think that'S too much."
I showed her my own calendar and she let out a oh.
"Is Alex's that packed too?"
"We've got the same except that I sneak in second and third year's classes for the thrill," I said.
"I see," she said. "Does it work?" She pointed at the books I had left on the next chair.
"I need to read them all as fast as possible as if they were novels and if I have some time left take notes and then do some exercises. It works just fine. Normally, it's called cramming and people do that just before exams to use their short term memory as a help. I do it first hand so that I have the knowledge in my head before the teacher can give me inputs. That way anything that comes feels familiar, I can go straight to the exercises without spending too much time on the lecture notes."
"But why do it on a part you hate?" She asked.
"That's the fun part, I might stop hating it half way but I wouldn't know until I study it and if I still hate it, I won't have to spend my time hating the homework for hours, I'll do them much faster with this knowledge," I said.
"That makes sense."
"What can I help you with?"
The secretary was a plumb woman with her probably long hair attached at the base of her neck in a lazy bun. She had a large smile as if helping students with their inquiry was her vocation in life and what she lived for. I had never seen someone looking that happy to be at work.
"I need to registered for some extra classes," Amy said.
"A change of heart?" the secretary asked.
"Not really, more like starting to listen to it," Amy answered.
"You have no idea how many kids register to classes just to stay with their friends until they make new one ans wanna change," the secretary said. "So you too wanna be together?"





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment