Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Tower Of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J Maas (Book Review) (with video)

Today, I'm reviewing Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. This is the sixth book in the Throne of Glass series.
Why am I reviewing Tower of Dawn without reviewing the other 6 books that comes before (yes I include Assassin's blade) Well, I planned to review them all in a row at first but the thing is, Tower of Dawn is still fresh in my mind while the rest of them even if I know the story and characters are a bit too blurry for a review. So if I want to review them, I'll have to read them again or at least get a refresh and since I have plenty to read I'm not considering doing that any time soon unless someone really wants me to go in details and make a video otherwise, I'll do that when I feel motivated.

So Tower of Dawn is the 6th book even though it's really the 7th and this time it follows Chaol and Nesryn. Thing is people thought it was going to be in Chaol's POV but lucky us we also follow Nesryn when she gets out of the castle. I mean otherwise, it would have just been a magically and pain enhanced romance with a nasty troublemaker. (aka princess Hasar, sorry but that one is a bitch, and not even trying to hide it.)
I didn't like Chaol and Nesryn as a couple, so yeah for this book. But the problem I have with those books is the length of the relationship and the fact that the character sort of jump on the next person they meet like every single time. For example Aelin and Rowan... but then Chaol is doing the same with Yrene and Nesryn is doing the same with Sartaq and I'm like really, I mean can't they just stay single instead of falling for other people even before finishing their current relationship?
Anyway, this book though goes back to have a little bit of mystery like in Crown of Midnight which is still my favorite book in the series. Problem is, it was more centered around Chaol healing which was paired with this relationship with Yrene than on the threat having a Valg around posed. I mean I think we should have seen a lot more death and a lot more attacks. Also, the books were all a bit deal for almost nothing since Yrene figure out stuff on her own and there was a misleading scene about the queen. I seriously thought that she was up to no good which would have made a lot more sense if she was Valg too since she was never actually there.
So that's basically my review. Hopefully, with the next book, we will have all the main characters playing again together. That sounds like fun. 





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment