Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Book Review: Origin by Dan Brown (with video)

The last Dan Brown book came out of October 3rd and of course I had to get it and read it immediately.
I'm a bit on the fence about this book I have to admit. There are a lot of thing that I like about it but as a part of the Robert Langdon series, it falls a bit short from the previous books.
I wanted the thrill of looking for the clue and decoding all the symbolism but it wasn't there. Instead, this book takes you through a race against the clock let by a computer. I think you can say that Origin stand for the Origine of life but also for Dan Brown going back to his original theme of writing about computer and science fiction.
I wasn't prepared for that.
The thing is if it isn't a Robert Langdon book, it's still a good book, though it was a bit predictable.
The threat to religion this time is science, or more accurately the grudge of an atheist using science to kill the religious idea of genesis. I mean there are already a lot of Christian who believe in Evolution as a fact without turning down the rest of their religion. The idea that knowing for sure what the start of live was would kill religion as a whole is a bit presumptuous but it still might do it for some people. The thing with this book is that it also uses the fear of technological progress. Just like previous Dan Brown book. The computer are going to be starter than you and they are going to want to kill you, which sort of annoys me a little because it's just so easy. It would have been so much more interesting to have a real antagonist that you wouldn't get rid of by just unplugging it. In this book the human reaction to the news of the origin of life is totally tuned down which is a bit of a shame. 


 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment