Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, September 15, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 139


Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now travelling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Travelling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

“So are you going to give me your name or are you going to keep on turning in his room without introducing yourself?”
“Did you really forget everything while leaving Hungary?” he asked with a smirk on his face.
I had the feeling that he wanted to take it to his advantage but I knew that my body still remembered how to fight even if I had forgotten how I had learned for most of it.
“Pretty much,” I answered.
His smile carved itself deeper on his face.
“What good is it to you to know my name? you are going to die.”
“It’s just in case I wanted to tell the others that you were done with already when I get back there.”
“Don’t make me laugh,” he said jumping above the sofa putting his hand on it to propel himself.
He was fast but not fast enough, his sword felt on me from above and I just blocked it with mine and pushed him away with my foot. The way he was moving had nothing to do with the humans or the other vampire I had killed earlier. He was coming back to charge me again and again. I blocked and defend myself, it was keeping me so busy that I couldn’t see the opening to attack myself. But all in all, he was messy. He seemed to be counting on the fact that he would tire me and then he would be able to kill me. None of his attacks were lethal. I wonder if he wanted to get me alive to bring me back to the castle but some part of me highly doubt it. I had been executed and should have been dead there was no need for him to try anything funny to get me back, I was as good as dead to them. He also had a particularly annoying rhythm he would attack me to the head from above, slide to the right to attack me, then slide from the left, all his attacks were predictable. It seemed like training and it was bothering me. I tried really hard not to get accustomed to it. If I was to get accustomed to it, it would make me relax and he would take the opportunity to place a real attack. I didn’t know how long I could continue like that. I was looking at my surrounding, trying to find something, glad that the vampire on the couch didn’t wake up to get in my way. I jumped on the table it had one weak leg, I maintained my balance but it surprise the other. I throw my foot in his face, blood leaked from his noise making him angry, he tried to get me but the blood made him blind and he stuck his sword harshly on the wood of the table. He tried to remove it but he couldn’t I put my foot on it to make sure it wouldn’t get out and kicked him a second time.
He staggered backward disoriented.
“So now are you going to tell me your name,” I said.
I jumped off the table on the other side of the room, I wasn’t going to let anything hazardous, not taking my eyes of him. He spat the blood and laughed.
“You should have killed me already but you’re like your father, way to soft,” he said.
He grabbed a short blade behind his back.
“Now come one,” he said, “it’s my turn to play dirty.”
“I could have killed you but I have some questions,” I said.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment