Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, February 24, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 110


Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
They finished their meal and dropped the body on the floor. Either they had enough or they thought that one woman for two didn’t worth the trouble. She had started to yell again and the sound of her voice was sweet to my ears. I waited a little bit to make sure that the vampires wouldn’t come back and walked out of my hiding place. She was on the dirty floor clinching at her companion, it would be easy to play with her. I could have drunk her blood just straight away but I felt really playful now that I knew that the vampire where gone. I behaved like a gentleman, took her hand and pulled her up.
“Are you alright madame?”
She tried to speak but it seemed once more that she had lost her voice after yelling so much. Her entire body was tensed. Her companion lay on the floor in a pool of blood. It was disgusting to see so much waste. The humans were as barbaric as the vampires, they called us monsters but they were doing the same to each other, even worse, for what? A little bit on money, a little bit of wealth? At least I had a good reason to kill and killing her tonight would put an end to the misery those humans had started for her.
I started to take her away, she was clinging at me like I was her saviour and turning around to look at her companion. I hated it, she was giving me a filthy feeling. Sorina would have never clinged at anyone like this without knowing them first. I remembered her behaviour with Dylan even after I had decided to trust her.
“The police, we should call the police”, she managed to mutter.
She wasn’t crying. It was something that I didn’t understand with humans, if they were subject to small burst of feelings they could laugh or burst in tears but if their life was on the line they were unable to do anything. I think I could compare it to the prey. Prey facing their predators don’t move, they play dead, humans also played dead somehow as if hiding all emotion and staying immobile was going to make the predator go away. I didn’t answered directly, I forced her to move forward as she kept on turning around to see her companion. That was a good feeling, I was walking fast pulling and pushing her forward like taking her away from her beloved the same way the vampires had taken me away from Sorina. I wanted to see my own experience on her face. The adrenaline was rushing in her veins, the fear, the unknown the mixture of feelings flowing in her blood pulsed softly in her neck. The smell was covering her perfume, it was a cheap perfume, not was you would have expected from someone dressed as she was, that was maybe one of the reason the vampire had left her live. I couldn’t understand their change of prey and I couldn’t understand why they hadn’t been playing with their food before drinking, they seemed very hungry.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Linda! I wanted to sign up for Vampire Friday, and went to the fb group, but I didn't see the post sign up for Feb. 24th.

    ReplyDelete