Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, January 27, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 106

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

I wasn’t here to make supposition, I was here to get some fact out of the scene. According to the newspaper again the victim had been a rich man. There were good reasons for vampires to go after the rich class of the population. One of them was the safety of the kill on a foreign land. When I was at home in Transylvania, hunting with my father, I could smell the victim and recognize the food. My father had taught me the smell of the human food even though I had never tasted it before. I stopped a little far away from the scene and waiting for the last passerby to leave. I sat on the edge of the river making sure that I wouldn’t be easily spotted from far away but that I could still hear or see anyone coming close and thought about what my father had taught me about the human food in my birth country. I closed my eyes a little trying to remember my first hunt. It wasn’t really like I could remember anything but I had tried to concentrate on particular event in my past lately. It was a bit blurry when they came back to me but I could still hear my father’s voice. 
You see what human’s eat can have a lot of different quality”, he said, “rich people have a tendency to over eat and that gives us a lot more power when we drink their blood, however, they are more difficult to kill because people will rebel if you kill one of them. Poor people are way better, they might even led you pay them for feeding on them but you have to be extremely careful about the quality, they might eat something poisonous for themselves and then for you out of hunger, they don’t have rich blood and their food can be mixed up badly. Then it is also a matter of taste.” 


He had made me smell my food, teaching me how to recognize the people I should drink from and the one who should never be touched. But when you walk into foreign land, the eating habit changed and it becomes difficult to distinguish the food you should eat from what you couldn’t, the smell of the food was different just like the smell of Praha was a lot different than the smell of Paris. This is what made me think that the vampires who had come to the city might be from my old clan in Transylvania. They had left preceding me on the night when I should have died. Travelling only by night they couldn’t take so much advances. They also didn’t know in which direction I had been but the chaos in Praha was probably making the city one of the best place to hide. If they needed money for their inn, attacking a rich man also made sense. I was almost certain that the attacked had been simultaneous, I liked to hunt alone. I didn’t know if it was because I had been hunting alone since I left Transylvania or if it was a vampire trait to be a loner. But moving alone in a foreign country also made sense, especially if you were looking for someone.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment