Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thursday Taster 127: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 
We start right where we left off last week.
 
"That's what he asked?"
"He said that's what all the girls in the group did," Amy said.
"Unbelievable!"
"And that's what made them top students of their year," Amy continued.
"Like Tamara," I said.
"She is the exception, all right," Amy said. "I don't know but we can't stay here."
"I found them."
A guy game from the side I wasn't looking at rushing toward me.
"I can agree with that."
I grabbed Amy's hand and we started running again. I had no plan, I couldn't think straight there was too many things happening too fast.
We turned in a narrower street on the right when people came from in front of us. They knew the area and we didn't and Amy might be right, it might have been better to try and talk to them but everything inside my body was telling me to run. We turned left again. I recognised that street at last. It was the same as in the other world. I run faster. Amy had trouble to follow, I didn't even understand how she had managed to get that far on her heals. The ground was uneven and slippery with trash and unrecognizable things that I didn't want to think about.
I found the door. It wasn't the right color, it was blue. I hesitated a little before pushing Amy toward it. We didn't have a choice, if it didn't open they would catch up with us in the end. I was so nervous that I missed to knob. I pushed on the door with my shoulder, it didn't move. The little differences from one world to the next. I could totally feel how different they made the worlds now. The details were suddenly all so important.
I took the knob and turned it in the other direction, it was one of those awful round version. The door finally opened and I pulled Amy inside closing the door behind us. The entire operation might have only taken a few seconds but it felt like forever. I waited to hear their foot steps and they finally came.
"How did you know it would be open?" Amy asked.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment