Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, August 19, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 83

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

The snow started to fall again. I hide deeper in my coat walking toward the church. At that time of the year the only people still out where either drinking at a bar to stay warm or faithfully praying in the church. I generally choose to take someone walking out of church and I had several good reasons for that. I didn’t like the taste of alcohol in the blood that much. For some reasons I couldn’t understood it was making me want to throw up and giving me headache in the morning. The people at the bar were generally up to look for each other of one of them went missing for too long. If I wasn’t done with drinking yet that could cause a lot of trouble for nothing, and more alcohol-filled blood to drink. Taking someone out of church was simple. People were generally going there with their family so lonely people were easy to figure out. If someone alone disappeared nobody would care for few days and that way the traces of the body would have disappeared probably half eaten by rats or dogs, if not by so desperately famished human. I had something against church and I really thought I could. Perenelle and Nicolas were going there all the time which was not making them bad person. They knew better than to judge me by the only fact that I was a vampire but for the rest of them that was another story. I had been raised in the fear of the church as it would never accept people like me, depriving us from even having a soul or being able to feel sentiments like any human would. We were not human but we still could resonate and do even better than what any human would do. The only problem was that we were considered so powerful that such a power was said to come from evil. My question was: how did they know? What prove did they have to kick me out of their group like that and want to kill me for just being myself? Also my interaction with the only priest I ever met did end up with a blood bath and I truly believe that by killing someone who worships only that kind of god I was really doing something good for the world. 
I saw that woman walking at alone, she was wearing a long blue coat that I could easily have found beautiful on Sorina and she was crying. I wasn’t moved by the tears, I just wondered what they could have told her in that place to make her cry like that. I wasn’t entering in such places, just to make sure that the roof hold by their god wasn’t going to fall on my head.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment