Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thursday Taster 108: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
 We start right where we left off last week.

I blinked three time. I was in a tend, attached to something. It smelled like camel. I never smelled camels before but if I had to smell some, I was sure that they would smell like this. I realized that even if I didn't want to care about Michelle and the spaceship and Lieutenant Fin, I still did, as if it was my own life, somehow. And I realized too that I couldn't keep on thinking about that alone in a tent, on my knees with my hands attached behind my back. By the gods of the desert, how did my other self managed to get herself in that kind of situation? I looked around searching for something I could used to free myself. There were few glass bottles in a corner, if I managed to break one I could possibly try and cut the ropes. I slide myself over them like a worm, listening, trying to figure out if someone was outside. I couldn't hear a thing. I was wearing a blue dress and I had bells on it with tinted in the air. I was so noisy. They were probably on me to warm someone if I was trying something. I was almost at the bottles. I took one between my teeth. It was empty but gross. I had no idea what they I put in there but the taste on the glass was disgusting. I dropped it on the rocky floor but I wasn't high enough for it to break. I tried to pull the carpet on the top of it. It was heavy with things on it and difficult to move. I wanted it to absorb the noise of the breaking glass and eventually to make sure not to cut myself. It didn't work too well. I took the largest piece of glass I could find in my hand trying to hide the rest and worm-like went back where I was in the first place. It was so hard to move. I slowly cut the rope. It was a tedious task but just like the economy class, there was no way around it. I sighed and when I opened my eyes again I had my head on Alex shoulder and the teacher was telling us about patterns and how to apply for them. I almost wished to be back in the tent trying my escape.

I sat straight.
"Morning sunshine," Alex whispered.
He had been reading my book, he was on the black hole chapter.
"How long,"
"Not long enough, we still have two hours left."
"Damn," I said.
I wanted to record the black out but I didn't feel like doing it in front of Alex.
"Hopefully he will give us a break in thirty minutes or something, I want to buy a choco croissant," Alex said.
They were selling choco croissant in the corridor during morning breaks and that was the rage, everybody would just on them.
"I can do with one too and a cup of tea to keep me awake during the second part," I said.
"I thought you already had breakfast," Alex said.
"But it's the most important meal of the day so I can have two," I answered.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment