Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thursday Taster 100: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.  

"I don't know how to dance Salsa," I said.
"That's the all point," Amy answered, "we are going to learn there will be real dancer there, from a dance company, do you know how good it's going to be? With a giant screen for a direct view on the same party going on in Cuba at the exact same time."
"Cuba," I answered, "don't they have like seven or eight hours jetlag with us?"
"Yes, we'll be dancing in the club and they will be dancing on the beach, that is going to be so fantastic."
"Fantastic," I said unconvinced.
"So what are you going to wear?" Amy asked.
"I'll think about it," I said. Jeans, sneakers, anything allowing me to run fast, really really fast and to have my wallet in my pocket for the bus ticket. I needed to check the busses in advance and I needed to talk to Alex.
"Let me know if you need to go shopping, I'll go with you."
Amy was admiring herself in the mirror and I envied her somehow because she had no idea what she was aiming at with this party and the dancing. Could it be that I was overreacting and that what happened in the other universe wouldn't happen here? Could she, we, just go to the party and dance a little and have fun and come home on time to get some sleep before class without anything that happened before?
"I think I'm going to cook myself something," I said folding my books and walking out of her room.
"I'm not hungry yet, it's too early for diner," Amy said.
"It's ok, I'm a bit tired so I'll see you tomorrow," I answered.
I locked my door behind me and let myself go on my own bed this time, wondering what I was supposed to do but no black out came to me to answer any of my question. I cursed the Pithy of Delphi for being so unreliable, but after all she didn't say that the answer would come to me straight away. I took my pans and some pasta and walked to the kitchen. It was empty which was good seeing that we had only two fires for about forty people. I placed the pan of water on the stove and let it boil, sitting on one of the fridge.
"I need to tell you something important. Can I call you know," my phone rang with a message from my father.
I looked at the text. I didn't really want to talk to him so much but if it was important it could be anything from "your mother is coming over you better hide" to "what are you plans for next weekend."
"Yes," I answered.
Even if he was my father and not Michelle's father, it would be better to deal with it now. My phone rang and I picked it up directly.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment