Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 27, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 71

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
“But there also is a lot of things you still don’t know and that you need to know to be safe when you go back there”, Perenelle said.
That was the first time she was really entering in Nicolas and my business and that calmed me a little. She put her warm hand on my arm to make me sit down again and pushed my glass toward me. The taste of the apple was good and the taste of alcohol had disappeared when she had warmed the liquid up. I looked at the pieces of apple skin floating in the half empty glass, thinking about what I was supposed to do know that I knew someone was probably waiting for me in Transylvania, someone who was the most important person on Earth for me, someone who I have abandoned in the prison of the vampire castle, someone who didn’t have as much time as I had to be safe and someone who was probably... I thought about it. I heard the word in my head but I pushed it away as fast as I could. Sorina couldn’t, if she was there was no more point for me to live on, if she was...
“Don’t think too much,” Nicolas said interrupting me at the more opportune moment.
“I just saw part of my past,” I said not willing to get into the details.
“One of the properties of the philosopher stone is to heal the part of the body of the person holding it. That’s how I recovered from my decease, that’s why Perenelle and I seems getting slowly younger. The thing is, we can’t use it for too long at once because I don’t know the effect it would have. It seemed to work as regressing more than at regenerate,” he said.
I didn’t understand all that I knew right know was that Sorina was not near me and that not seeing her was making me feel sick. I didn’t really care about the property of the stone. It was powerful fine, the humans all wanted it for whatever price they could pay fine. I just wanted to be near Sorina that was all I was asking for they could keep the stone, they could kill each others, they could do whatever the hell they wanted with it, nothing mattered anymore.
“What did you saw?” Perenelle asked.
I looked at her and for the first time I realized how piercing her green eyes could be. It was like if she knew already, like if she was reading in my heart why I was so eager to go back to Transylvania no matter the risk might be. I lower my eyes, I didn’t want to look at her, I didn’t want her to see that in me, I didn’t want to tell anyone about Sorina. All that time just being together had been dangerous for her, not for me, all that time but I had been there to protect her, now she was alone and as much as I wanted to talk about her, I felt that mentioning her was so risky, I felt like mentioning my love for her would make all the vampires of my clan go after her. 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment