Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nella and Johan (A-to-Z challenge 2016)


The theme of my A-to-Z April Challenge this year is dolls, as I have a lot of dolls and I'm pretty sure I can go from A-to-Z with them. Today for the letter N, I'm going to introduce dolls from literature.  

Nella and Johan are the characters of the novel by Kenji Miyazawa entitled: "Night of the Milky Way Railway". The short novel can be read here for free. In the novel, Johan is called Giovanni which is the Italian version of the name and Nella is called Campanella who is a boy in the story but a girl in the doll version.

There are two sets of those dolls made by Groove in collaboration with Alice and the pirates. Alice and the pirate is a Lolita clothing brand that get deals with Groove very regularly, they also recently made the Isul Little Prince, Pullip Rose and Pullip Fox from the Little Prince movie. So far, I have the little Prince as you may have seen for the I entry of the A-to-Z challenge and I'm waiting a little bit to get the fox and the rose. 
The color set of Nella and Johan was really easy and cheap to get when I started collecting so I got them very early in my collecting months, the black and white set was a bit more difficult especially because Johan is pretty rare even though Nella can be bought on her own. Fortunately, I managed to find the two of them together at a store. 

Here are some pictures of the four of them.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
    How has the challenge been going for you so far? Are you meeting your goals of posting and hopping to other blogs? M marked the halfway point!
    My blog's giveaway is still going! I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops. There's a post about how to better use the image alt code -- featured on the main A to Z blog as well as my own.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    Those are some neat dolls. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete