Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thursday Taster 73: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
My dad helped me prepare the room, put my things on the shelves, do the bed, hang up the curtains that were going way to high for me to reach. My mother sat at the desk. I filled the form and turned out the water tape once the water was finally clear. My introduction was not before the afternoon.
"Let's go for lunch," my father said happily.
I didn't understand where he could find the strength to be happy around her. I was terrified of blacking out in front of my mother and I was restless. I had to do something to keep my mind away from any other universe while still trying to remember my conversation with the girl as I didn't have time to write it down yet. It was hell and I wasn't hungry.
"Sure," I said with a smile, "We could check out the supermarket at the same time, I read that it's cheaper to cook your own meals then to get your food from the university restaurant."
"You don't know how to cook," my mother said.
"Sabine taught me," I answered.
That was a blow and I knew it. My mother never forgave my father for living, which was the reason why she hated having him around me, and she also hated the fact that he was happily remarried while she was still single. Of course, she had had several relationships over the ten years since the divorce, but they had never lasted too long. I hated the guys every single time but they never left because of me disliking them, but mostly because of my mother being so controlling and always putting the hospital in front of everything. Also she was terrible at picking up guys. So somehow, Sabine was the main enemy and one more reason was that her son didn't have any health problem, Jonas was perfect.
"I always thought she wasn't too bright," my mother answered.
"Just leave my wife out of this," my father answered.
"She put my daughter's life in danger by letting her play with knifes and fire while she could faint any time and hurt herself," my mother answered.
I had a feeling that lunch wasn't going to be so peaceful.
"When Frederique is at your house, she does what you want her to do, under my care whatever happens to her is not your problem," my father said.
"And what would people say about me if I leave my child in the cares of incompetent morons," my mother answered, "because you left your responsibilities to get a trophy wife doesn't mean that I have to suffer of the consequences."
"Is it all you care about? What others are going to say about you? Do you want to know why I left you and I am still with Sabine? Because contrarily to you, she cares about something else than her reputation," my father said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment