Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday Taster 64: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
"You kids don't have a clue what you're doing," my father said stealing the ball away from me and running away with it.
"Hey," Jonas said opening big eyes.
"Let's catch him," I answered.
"You'll never catch me, I played in the university team!"
"Really?" Jonas asked. One thing was sure, for running he was fast and getting tired way less easily than me.
"Of course," my father said passing the ball from one foot to the other to make sure that Jonas couldn't get the ball.
"Then why did you stop?" Jonas answered.
"Because there are things more important in life," my father said.
"Like what?" Jonas asked.
"Like translating things forgotten by everyone and getting them back to life," my father said.
"Or like understanding the mathematical equation for time travel," I said.
"You need maths for time travel," Jonas said stopping.
"Of course, you didn't know?"
"Is it true dad, you need math for time travel?"
"Well, sort of?" My father answered passing his hand in his dark hair again, he seemed a bit hesitating.
I tool the opportunity to steal the ball from him and ran away with it.
"I've got it, who's the best?" I said before hitting the wose with my toes and falling flat on the grass.
"Red card, red card!" Jonas started to yell.
"I don't know what color is the card but it's time for diner," Sabine answered from the front door.
"Not already," Jonas said letting his arm fall along his side.
"Well I'm hungry," I said standing up.
My father was looking at us, there was something strange in the way he did and I didn't quite understand what.

The university was not quite what I had expected. My father drove me there on Saturday. It was quite hard to tell Jonas that I couldn't stay to live with him anymore but that I would come back for the holidays. He wanted to join us for the road trip but Sabine had an appointment at the dentist for him. So that was just me and my father and I thought that somehow they made it this way because he had something to tell me.
"Your mother will be waiting for us at your dormitory," my father said.
"What?" I asked faster than I thought.
I had never really thought that she was going to give up so easily but apparently she hadn't. I thought that somehow, she wouldn't know where I lived and wouldn't have my phone number and wouldn't be able to kidnap me in the middle of the night if I was to black out again. I wondered if she was going to make a mess about the classes I has chosen again and try to convince me to give up.
"Don't be like that," my father said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

3 comments:

  1. Oh, boy. What is going to happen with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she keeps to her decisions about the classes and doesn't black out. I can't help feeling that the father is interfering a bit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting project, Linda, I can only wonder what is next for her. And the father...what's up with him? xo

    ReplyDelete