Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, September 25, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 36

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
There were two witnesses of the murders, the two boys that I let go and I didn’t doubt that they would take some fame in telling the story around with as much details that they could remember or invent. I couldn’t risk staying longer in Vienna. I moved on the roofs as far as I could and once again reached the Danube. The sight of the water was calming me, I felt like near the river I was safer than ever. Now that nothing was really suspicious about me anymore, I decided to walk along the river. After a week and about two hundred kilometers of tiring walk, I finally reached Linz.
On the way to Linz, I stayed as much as possible away from habitations, going to villages only to get the necessary food. Being a foreigner away from a city and alone was suspicious. having drunk the inn owner’s blood was making me more powerful and fast but it had also brought back the horrible nightmares. They were foggy and I supposed all related to my last night as a vampire. I was happy. That’s a bizarre feeling for a vampire I supposed, at least I looked happy. I could hear someone laugh, the same usual laugh that had been crossing my mind so many time since I started to travel. It was a very light and crystalline laugh, I desperately tried to see who was laughing but I couldn’t, but I was filled with that strange bliss, that strange sensation of happiness. But suddenly, as I turned back I could see the light reflecting on their swords, coming for us, I didn’t see their face either but I remembered the voice. The voice of that terrible vampire that few months ago was proclaiming my sentence of death. I tried not to turn back, not to look at them to stay attached to that laugh, but I always end up turning back and the laugh always end up dying to give only place to a horrible scream and to the head of the fire which was burning between us. All became dark, I was up trying to protect something from them, but I couldn’t, they were too numerous, they were too fast, they were too strong. I remembered not trying to escape, then the smell of sweat and blood and the scream louder and louder and the fire heating more and more and the huge flames all around me. Each time I tried to look deeper in my memory, to calm myself in the dream to understand something more, I woke up terrified in cold sweat, telling myself that this was past, this was gone, this was not real. But a part of me was telling me that it was indeed real, that the fear of that terrible night would never disappeared from my life before I could understand it, before I got my memory back and deal with those vampires and above all before I understood for who I was afraid more than for myself.
When I reached Linz, the nightmares had already started to be weaker as the effect of the blood disappeared. They had made me very tired, I find myself an inn to stay for few days, I was trying not to make an habit with anything and I tried to eat my meat with my back teeth. Reminding myself about the inn in Vienna, I was extremely careful about walking in the sunlight. I had practiced on the way and was now convinced that sunlight was not going to hurt me, all it did was to tint my skin. I also started to observe intensively the humans around me, taking some notes in my notebook already full of my dreams. I was going out of the inn only in case of extreme necessity and spend my day in my room, recovering from the journey and studying the diaries. I had walked so much that I never felt the need to exercise. At first the diary didn’t make much sense. I even had to ask the girl who was bringing me my meals for extremely basic German vocabulary. When she asked about my questions I told her I was just a lonely traveler from very far East and that I was trying to learn her language. That made her laugh a lot and she answered that I was just a boy and needed to go play outside. To which I answered that I would once I had learned how to speak.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Really like the idea that when he feeds, he gets strong nightmares. And yes I love that he is trying to learn German :) I also like his flirting with the girl. Hoping something more develops there.

    ReplyDelete