Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday Cinema: Mockingjay (part 1)


This week in Tuesday Cinema, we continue with The Hunger Games movie. The last book has been separated into two movies. Today, I'll talk about the first one and we'll have to wait until November to see the second one.

The story: Katniss has been rescued from The Hunger Games arena, together with Beetee and Finnick by disctrict 13 but Peeta has been taken by the capitol. After hesitating, Katniss decides to be the Mockingjay, the symbol of the revolution. On the other side of the game, president snow is using Peeta to calm down the revolution. Bombs are falling, people are killed...

My Feelings: I think the movie really follows the book closely on this one except for the prep team part which seemed like a key point in the book to me. I tend to like Coin a bit more in the movie than in the book and Gale a bit less. I think the way he doesn't seem to understand Katniss's feelings at any time is quite unnerving. I think the degradation in Peeta was well played but on the other hand I didn't like the part where Katniss videocamed with Snow to kill time, I found it a bit necessary except for the "Miss Everdeen, it is the things we love most that destroy us." But I guess that helps translate the first person point of view in the book to Snow giving her Peeta as a present. I also liked the little parts in the different district when we can actually see them rebelling and winning. And the part when Snow's girl decides to unbraid her hair because it's a nice contrast with her feelings in the previous movie.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment