Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday Cinema : Desert Dancer


Desert Dancer is a film from 2014 based on the life of Afshin Ghaffarian, self taught dancer from Iran.

The story: Afshin wants to dance but in Iran, dance even if not illegal is forbidden. After being beaten at school by a teacher for dancing in front of the class, the head master direct him toward an Art school. The Art school looks like a safe place but it is vandalized by the morality police. Growing up, Afshin doesn't forget his dream of dancing and built an underground dance performance group. They go to the desert to perform safely, giving their location at the last moment. But when the Iranian vote for a better government is stolen, Afshin is arrested in a riot.

My feeling: This movie was all about emotion, especially the constant fear. I was telling myself all the way how could it be possible to leave like this to have to face this every time you walk in the street. There are so many things we take for granted. I don't know how people do not realized that by taking other people's right away they are also taking away their own.

“In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” ___Rumi

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment