Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Huckleberry (A-to-Z challenge 2015)


Hello and welcome to a new fruit post for the A-to-Z challenge. 
Today, I'm going to cheat! 

This post is about Huckleberry the berry right but I can't help myself from thinking about the other Huckleberry. 

Of course, you know who I mean, Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn! 

Since I already had a post on berries when I talked about Elderberry a few days ago, I think it's fair to diversify. 

So let's start with the fruit. Huckleberry is the name for blue berry except that some times they are not really blue berry and sometimes they are red so they are more like Elderberry the red version of the Elderberry not the black version I talked about on E-day.  Oops very long sentence on confusing fruits.... Again... not good.
Did you know that the Huckleberry is the fruit of Idaho? Well, it is and now you know it. How does it feel to have me give you useless knowledge that will stick in your memory until you die? 
Where was I? 
Oh, did you see that? Another novel character name so we have Huckleberry and Idaho (Dune, by Frank Herbert, just in case you didn't know, which you surely did because your smart and all that's why you came here to read this). Have you ever ate an Huckleberry? I don't think I have. I ate plenty of blueberry though (Hey, I'm talking about the fruit, no cannibalism). I wonder if they taste the same or if they are different. I feel a bit bad, talking about a fruit I didn't eat so let's just topic to get one the other Huckleberry.


I first went in contact with Huckleberry Finn through the anime when I was a kid. I watched a lot of anime back then and I still do.
Then I read the book, they had everything at the local library. I think Mark Twain is awesome (except that he didn't like Jane Austin, but for the rest, yeah he rocks.) I'm a big fan of classic and I read the adventure of Huckleberry Finn along with the adventure of Tom Sawyer. 
They are very fun books to read for kids and I would recommend them to you if you have kids. 
It's the story of a little boy who doesn't like school and live on his own near the Mississippi, it's full of laugh and struggle and friendship. It shows the life in older time but it's also still very actual.
Historically speaking, the society in which this story takes place had ceased to exist two decades prior the publication. And despite being one of the Great American Novels, it was published in the UK before being published in the US. 
The novel also treats major theme such as racism, alcoholism and child abuse.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A fruit that's also a literary character. Great post. Stopping by via the AtoZ :)

    ReplyDelete