Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hump Day Hook 31

For more EXCELLENT Hooks, click here x

Hump Day Hook is back!
If you want more of it, click here, amazing writers are waiting for you to read their hooks! 

But first, here is a little part of my parallel world travel story which doesn't have a real title yet, so let's call it "Parallel slip". It's a little rough and unedited as the first draft isn't finished yet. I hope you won't get too confused. 

Enjoy!


"Frederique! Frederique!"
As I fell back, the first things I saw was the top of the building blending into the sky. Then the sky. My mother's voice still yelled my name in my ears when his face came into focus. She would never get used to it, every time it happened in front of her she had to yell.
"Captain, are you all right!"
I blinked, three times, that's the way I always make sure that I'm fully there. Sometimes it's just a glimpse.
"Yes," I answered.
He took a step back and I had a full view of the room. Buttons everywhere in front of me. A sort of ship, a space ship.
"Captain, we can't submit to his plan," a man said to my left.
He was older, smiling in an arrogant way that didn't please me. The man in front of me, the one who had asked me if I was all right, seemed nervous. He was looking at me, expecting something.
"What else do you propose?" I asked the older man.
I needed more information if I wanted to take a sound decision. It was all about the decision, but I didn't have time now to ask myself what kind of choice I had made had led me here.
"We do the same thing we always do," the older man said. "We follow protocol thirteen point eight paragraph B, we leave nothing to chance, we wipe them up."
"The usual," I said.
The older man smiled in approval and the other one shook his head. He was cute when he looked annoyed.
"But?" I asked, looking straight at him.
He turned fully to me.
"They know, they know we are coming that way, we always came that way, they'll know, they'll..."
He wasn't logical anymore, either it was his emotion getting the best of it, either for his plan or for what he truly believed was to be done.
I pondered the possibility, I had not idea what I was supposed to do. I didn't even know what was the protocol thirteen point eight paragraph B or who they were. All the information I had was an old guy wanting to do everything as usual and a new guy possibly wanting to climb the hierarchy. Still, I had been sent there to save the day because my other me was, well I don't even know where they go when I take over.
But what kind of society would leave a seventeen year old in charge of a spaceship. I couldn't wait to get a tour of it.
"Captain!" the older man called, "You need to make a decision, quickly!" 

 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Find us on Google+



2 comments:

  1. Interesting snippet! Raises a lot of questions - I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great excerpt and leaves you wanting to find out what happens next

    ReplyDelete