Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 16, 2014

Hong Kong, Macau: Introduction

As some of you may already know from the 26th of April to the 6th of May I went on a trip to Hong Kong and I took the opportunity to spend a day in Macau as well. 
Hong Kong is a made of a peninsula on the Chinese continent and an archipelago. I managed to visit several of the island during my trip, they are accessible either by train or by ferry. 
Hong Kong used to belong to the United Kingdom for 100 years before going back to China, so most people can speak English even though I had trouble with the accent at first. They also speak Cantonese and a bit of Mandarin. Most of the time they would talk in Chinese to my boyfriend as he is Asian but I would be the one using my poor Chinese skills, surprise, surprise.
We started our trip on Landau Island as that where the airport is situated. Then we moved to Kowloon. We visited Hong Kong Island, Lamma Island and the Southern part of the New Territories (Sha Tin and Tai Po).

We spend one day in Macau walking around the island.
In Hong Kong a lot of things are dubbed in English, but in Macau they are dubbed in Portuguese as Macau used to be a Portuguese colony. One good point is that you can use Hong Kong dollars in Macau, however, you can't use Macau's money in Hong Kong, even though, I tried.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment