Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday cinema: 悪夢探偵 (Nightmare detective)

 Welcome back for a new Thursday cinema, this time I'm going to talk about a scary movie called 悪夢探偵, in English, nightmare detective.  
 
 
Storie: People wishing to die are found killing themselves in their sleep. They have nothing in common except that they all called the same number. A young detective who is also having numerous nightmare calls a man able to travel into other people's dream to help her figure out what happened to them. The problem is that he doesn't want to get involve with helping people anymore as he can read their thought and they trouble him.
 
My feelings:  I think I can never be disappointed by a movie featuring Ryuhei Matsuda, the movie was weird and scary and at the same time deep and poetic. I like the blurriness of the character's minds and the little clues left everywhere as well as the confrontation while trying to keep secrets from each other. A little bit hard to do when someone can read mind. It's not a movie that I would watch alone at night. My favorite thing is that it went completely crazy. The kind of crazy when things don't really make any sense but you can still understand them. 

Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment