Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Challenge : Read Japanese

En français
Have you ever been to the Asian supermarket and been frustrated because you were unable to read ? Have you ever looked at something the look good but be scared of trying it because you didn't understand what it was ? Have you ever wander what is it inside it's good looking manga, except the pictures ?

Me too, but I'm not going to wander anymore ... I had enough.

So here is the deal, on the 21st of June I'm going to Iceland, but before the plane take off I'm gonna be able to read Japanese.
Not completely, I'm just going to learn the meaning of 2042 Kanji.

Why ?
Because I think it's a good place to start to have a basic knowledge of Chinese characters.
I decided to start with Japanese first because there is less characters in Japanese than in Chinese and the Kanji give also a good start to the traditional Chinese characters and I have the Heisig book.
When I'm done with that, we will see but the idea so far is to learn the different phonetics , that is Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese and of course Korean.
I don't know yet if I'm going to do that one by one or all at the same time, I better deal with that later.

See more in The Japanese project.
So let get started and Aja aja fighting !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment