Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Korean project : Introduction

En français

Six month ago I decided to learn Korean for real.
What does "for real" means, that I'm not playing with it.
In fact, from an external point of view I'm also learning Chinese, Japanese and Russian. From my point of view, I'm just paying with them, that is, I was going to the class for two hours a week until last week, doing the minimum of practice at home and that's it. That's what my friends call learning languages, and what I call playing.
Why ? And why is Korean so different ? Because I'm applying the basic rules of how to learn a language successfully.
That easiest way to explain what I actually mean is to describe a basic day.
1) Watch a Korean movie for 1 hour during breakfast.
2) Listen to Korean music and movies converted to mp3, while I going to the lab, working in the lab and coming back home.
3) Listen to Korean radio in the evening and working with a SRS.
4) And add everything think possible you can do in Korean.
If you want more details about that kind of things you can visit the web site for Japanese
It's very interesting even if some advices can't be taken into account for languages that don't deal with Chinese characters.
I still feel that I don't know enough, that I'm working to slowly but I'm trying to fix that.
The time problem will tend to disappear as I'm trying to become a polyphasic sleeper, but that's not easy. We will see what the future can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment