Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 5, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 120

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week


You!”
It’s my room”, I said as innocently as I could.
Last night there was a wolf and…” he started.
That’s a long story and you will need a lot of hot chocolate to get it down”, I said.
I walked passed him and he went to my bedroom looking for the wolf. I walked down the stairs and saw my clothes in the corner. Perenelle startled seeing me. I smiled and she smiled back. I didn’t know what Nicolas had told her but it could have been a dream as well. I sat at the table and she put a cut in front of me. The hot chocolate was cooking in the pan and the breakfast stew was feeling the room with a smell of delicious potatoes and beans. Once again there was no meat on the table, Nicolas had been too busy to go buy it.
My adventure of last night as a wolf had brought up more excitement in me than I had felt in years. Until know the only thing I had been thinking about was how to restore my lost memory and how to go back to Romanian to take my revenge before joining Sorina in dead. Being a wolf was bringing me new perspective. I knew there were others like me and I knew where to find them. I had almost forgotten last night vampires or at least they weren’t really of my concern anymore, if I was to leave, there were either going to follow me, in which case I would take care of them in due time or they were going to stay in Praha and I wouldn’t have to worry too much. But Nicolas hadn’t forgotten and he wasn’t ready to let me go so easily.
I want to know what happened last night?” he asked finally getting down the stairs.
His old self had always been patient and careful with the questions he asked and I liked that. The new Nicolas was demanding and wouldn’t get over it until he obtained an appropriate answer. I let him sad at the table in front of me, the news paper was fold in front of him and Perenelle had already prepared his hot chocolate. I had the thought that chocolate might not be the best drink, it tasted good but seemed addictive. I turned my spoon in mine thinking about the best answer I could give him. I decided to be direct.
I changed into a wolf”, I simply said.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. I love his cockiness towards Nicolas, this is great! Also really like Viorel's inner thoughts in this snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete