Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 7, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 116

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

My voice was unusable and if I persisted I could woke up Perenelle or even worse, get the neighbors in alert. I moved with him and passed him a bit on the left he went back where he started and I went back to sit on my clothes. I didn’t want to come too close to him. He was still scared even though I hadn’t done anything. It was becoming highly boring. I yawned and felt like lying down but fought against the idea I needed to concentrate on him to make sure I would be safe as long as I was in this shape. As a wolf it was easy to lose my concentration. The time seemed to be passing so slowly and there was nothing distracting me. My tale had finally stopped and I was grateful for it because if it had continued a bit more, I would probably have ending up running after it to catch it and make it stop. 
I was really feeling more and more like an animal as the time passed. I wanted to run and play. It was a strange sensation. As I was supposed to wait until Nicolas finally understand or that I turned back into myself I decided to analyse every part of me. 
Nicolas was sure to want a report later. My body felt different of course and my perception too. I started to think about my perception, I already experienced a lot of changes when drinking blood. This time, the earring and smelling were about the same, I had a strange taste in my mouth but that was probably due to the new shape of my tongue. I was also feeling thirsty. I had walked a great deep in the city. Nicolas moved again. His light blue eyes were not so deep anymore but they seem to want to pierce through me. I walked away from the clothes still looking at him. Communication. What we needed right now was communication. 
I pushed the clothes towards him for him to take a look. The thing was, if I wasn’t behaving like an animal, he might as well start thinking that I was more than a wolf. I pushed them as close to him that it was possible while still behind safe for both of us and went back to sit far away. I wondered if I could eventually jump on him and make him fall in the floor if needed. But he didn’t seem to want to escape anymore, he seems intrigued by my strange behaviour. He started to get down, still with his back on the wall to look at the clothes. He needed to notice that they were mine. I looked a bit away to leave him some room or I seemed to be doing so. The strangest thing about my transformation, if you let alone my unbehaving tail, was my eyes. I could see further away than my vampire self and I can see a lot more on the side of my head. My vision seemed to be deeper and once again the colors had changed.
“Those are Viorel’s”, Nicolas said.

 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. The description of what he is seeing and experiencing as a wolf is great! Still love the part about his tail. And knowing Viorel's character, the thought of him chasing his tail is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete