Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Thursday Taster 112: Parallel Slip

 
Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.

"You have no choice in the matter," she said. "But you need to trust that my essence remain, it will go to a new place where my alpha was born." "What is..."
There were noises on the other side. I pulled her down, she seemed to be awakening from a dream but she was sure conscious all the way through her show.
"Frederique, this place is not safe for you now, they will be coming soon but before you go, the Pithy I was has one last thing to teach you. No matter in which universe you are, no matter where, never let anyone chose for you, never let anyone decide what is the right think to do, you are the one, don't let your sympathy for your other selves dictate your judgement for right and wrong and your choices. It all depends on you," she said.
It was a twelve year old lecturing my about my choices and somehow it felt right.
"Promise me," she said.
I promised. There was nothing else I could do, she wouldn't let me try to escape even if that was going against her own teaching so I promised her to always make my own choices. After what happened with my mother I didn't see what could go against it.
"They are coming," she said, "you need to get out of here."
"I can't, I don't know how to travel on purpose," I said.
"I know," she answered opening a little sachel on her side.
She took a handful of a power that looked like white sand and she blew it at me.
"Wait what is..." 

The world was a mixture of stars and I heard the gunshots. When I opened my eyes, I was lying on Amy's bed.
"an alpha?" I said.
"What?" Amy turned around from her desk.
I wiped my tears. They were dead, the Pithy of Delphi and my other self, they were dead and their essence was lingering in the dusty sandy air of a desert across the sea from their own land and the tears had rolled down my check.
"Nothing," I answered Amy.
An alpha, the Pithy had said that her essence would go back to her Alpha and I still didn't know what an alpha was.
"I wanted to call the hospital. You've passed out of more than an hour, Alex carried you back from your class," Amy said, "we didn't know where you left your keys so I kept you here."
"I'm sorry," I said siting up.
I was feeling dizzy. It was a first but it was also the first time I had died in my other self's body.
"Are you alright?" Amy asked.
"I died," I said.
She looked at me as if I was delirious and I probably was. I felt as if I had the blood of the twelve year old Pithy on my hands and I could still smell the camels.
"I think you should eat something," Amy said. "What about we cook?"
I wasn't really hungry but I didn't know what else to do.
"Alex said you fainted a lot today," she said.
"Five time," I answered. "It's not always like that, it's a pretty bad day."
"Any tricker," she asked.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean is there a reason why you are fainting more than usual?"
I couldn't see anything but come to think of it.
"Maybe because I know I won't have to wake up at the hospital every single time," I said.
Amy laughed.
"Right, but if you faint for too long, it's down right scary," she said.
"I know, I lived with my mother," I said.
Amy was a great cook, not like me and my three dishes. She said she could teach me and I said I could do the dishes after dinner.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment